Intel Core i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got a bit of good news, my uncle said he would be willing to buy a part for my rig. naturally im gonna get him to get the most expensive on the list which shall be my graphics card. i dont want to go insane with the price but is that card that was posted by fat clown enough or do i need to shoot a lil higher :)

fat-clowns post

Newegg.com - XFX HD-585A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

*edit*
after looking some more on newegg i found the black edition of this card and liked it

Newegg.com - XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB Black Edition 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

ok so now the new NEW question is do i need to change anything from the build fat clown gave me to accomodate this card. thanx

that gfx card is already plenty powerful. the next step up from a 5850 would be a 5870 which would cost another $100, so unless youre sure your uncle is willing to drop some serious money on it, a 5850 should be more than enough for you.

also, no you dont need the black edition. you can acheive the OC that the card comes with yourself so you (or your uncle) should just save money, its not worth the extra $60.

that sounds good to me
after talking to my uncle he said he would get me what i wanted soooooooooooooo im gonna go for the 5870 lol
hey, im not gonna pass up an offer like that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom