Insurance sure is a scam!

The same people who pay for it currently, the taxpayers or the healthy. Here in the US, a doctor (in the emergency room) is legally required to see any patient regardless of their ability to pay for the service. Yeah, the hospitals send a bill, but you can't squeeze blood from a turnip... If we went to socialized, people wouldn't have to the ER in order to get care, which would lower healthcare costs.

In that case the bill would be sent to someone else (the taxpayer). How would that lower the cost?

Don't you ever wonder what would happen if you found yourself in a position where you can make money at expense of other people's lives? Like, what would you do? I often do and I'm afraid I don't know the answer for sure.

Simply answer this, What's more important?

Your life or their lives?

There's your answer.

Just a followup regarding the accident mentioned in my original post.

The other person's insurance company had offered us a 90% settlement claiming my wife was 10% at fault since she didn't honk the horn. Just heard from my insurance company and they agree that the other driver is 100% at fault so will waive our $500 Deductible and then go after the other insurance company.

Back
Top Bottom