Installing XP onto new HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run nlite, when you get to that screen you must have your XP CD loaded in your CD ROM. From there click the Browse button and select the XP CD. After that you will get the option to select the folder you want to save the files to. This is where you click Browse and select the XP CD folder you created. After that click next and it will copy the files from teh CD to your hard drive in order to continue the process of allowing you to slipstream SP3 onto the Custom CD you are making.

What you have done is selected the XP CD folder you created first which doesnt contain any XP information. It has to first copy the CD to your hard drive first in order to continue since it cant modify the contents on the CD since they are Read Only and can not be modified.

ya idk if you read my last edit but now I'm at the part where you select the service pack for integration.
What do I do now?

You should just have to select the downloaded SP file that Carnage linked you to. From there is should be good to go.

Well Idk, because I downloaded that just fine.. I made a folder on my desktop and extracted that file into the folder.
When I click the WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU it goes to i386, then when i click that it goes to 2924 different items.
Which .exe file should I be clicking when I integrate the service pack?

EDIT:OMG!!! I'M SO STUPID!!! LOL wow. I didn't even notice the 'i386\update\update.exe' thingy on the top
a8.jpg

lol thats so tricky, i think they like hiding it from people.
Wow this feels so great to finally have this working. I cant wait to boot it up on my desktop.
Thankyou for all your help, I'll definitely ask more ?'s If needed.

Glad you got it sorted and figured out. We are here if you need any further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom