installed XP on lappy and wireless doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dell inspiron e1505 laptop. I'm using Windows XP. Right now, I am connected to the internet through an ethernet cord. My computer has the Intel Pro program to find wireless networks, along with the Windows Zero Configuration. I have Windows disabled right now and using Intel Pro. I tried to update my driver, but it says there is no newer version of it than the one I have now. I was able to connect to a wireless network before, but now I am not and I just cannot figure out why. Soon enough, if I cannot connect to a wireless network, I won't be able to connect to the Internet at all, and thats not good cuz I am a college student. By the way, I tried also to use Windows to find the wireless networks and disabled Intel (because I heard you cannot use both at the same time) but it still doesn't work. It says I am connected to the network, but when I open my Internet Explorer 7 browser, it says I have no connection to the Internet. Please, someone help me.

Well, have you put your correct password in? What type of security is it? WEP WPA etc.. Make sure the two are the sae, router and card.

I'd ditch ie7 too, go with 8 or something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom