Increase in Latency, Decrease in DL between routers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, my internet is back to normal. Its ether my router or modem going bad or water in the line.

did you test the cable? It's only a matter of time before this problem comes back again, I'd try sorting out exactly what the problem was.

well the cable is buried 3-4 feet under ground. A root or a crack in the cable could have caused water or moisture to enter the cable. I started to notice the problem one day after a electrical storm. I disconnected the N router but all the rest was plugged in. Possible slow dying router? or maybe some kind of short causing interference?

I can tell you from experience on this. Anytime there is any kind of electric current put into the ground the cables are majorly affected.

I linked you to a thread about my experience around Thanksgiving of last year. A voltage cable came down and hit the ground in my back yard. It melted the interior of the cables in my backyard. I had to have my ISP come out and re-run all new cables. The coating was there but the insides of the cables were nothing but a black mess.

So if you had a electrical storm it could be very easily that the cable that you have traveling was affected or compromised. My cable was buried 20 feet deep and it was nuked. Being only 4 feet it could very easily be what is causing your issue.

Even if the area where your cable runs was not hit by any of the storm that doesnt mean that a small part of the cable wasnt compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom