In need of some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
ok, so I've been working on getting my site up and running... about a week or two ago i discovered css and have been replacing some images and stuff with it.

here is the site, you can probably see the error of the blue part not stretching down to the bottom and covering the white and gray layer. I finally got it so that the more you type, the more white there is with css and div's, but i cant get this one to work for the life of me!

all i need is for this layer to stretch down to the bottom of the white part with the gray outline. This is the "theme" for the site though, so it needs to be a variable.

Also, I'm doing the site in PHP, I just made this in HTML for drafting - Im not sure if i could use height as a variable somehow...

just as long as that blue part stretches down to the bottom

to help w/ visibility, i outlined the layer with a border of 1px, my css code is at http://www.voldabyte.com/css/vol.css, and here is the image I am repeating http://www.voldabyte.com/images/trans.jpg (which is actually 50% opacity blue over gray stripes)

thanks

EDIT: oh and that little glitch at the top of the menu has nothing to do with it - thats a separate thing, just ignore it

EDIT EDIT: dont click the advertisments either - they aren't mine and i might get the person in trouble

wow... somehow i fixed it

i think it had to do with the fact that my CSS had the same code repeated....
Code:
#ss0{background-color: #678eb7;	visibility: hidden;	border: solid 3px #246bb5;	position:absolute;}
#ss0{background-color: #678eb7;	visibility: hidden;	border: solid 3px #246bb5;	position:absolute;}
which i was going to fix when i fixed this error :eek:

Why was that section of code repated like a million times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom