Im confused with supported RAM amounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I have Windows 7 32bit installed and I just got 4GB of ram because from what I read it supports up to 4GB. Got it installed and now it says 4GB (3GB usable)... whats the deal everything that I found said that 32bit supports 4GB?

Can you give links to where you read this? The topic of 32 Bit and 4GB of RAM is a big issue with many people. Clown has given you the topic in where this is addressed. But i would like to see the information you read to be able to confirm or deny what is said for sure.

sorry I don't really have a link I was just picking a few sites that came up after googling, guess they either didn't go into enough detail or I just misread it. I read through the sticky and I understand it now, my only worry with installing windows 7 64bit is that I play a lot of games and aren't a lot of programs not compatible with 64 bit? or has this changed because that was a while ago that I read that. thanks for all the help here ^_^

I have ran 64bit for quite a while with no real compatibility issues. It only comes into play with very old hardware or games.

Only game I've had a problem with is Theme Hospital, and that came out in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom