I wanna host my own web page, but how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying you can pull a 1000TB HDD out of your ass? Or somehow make it possible for a 10mbps line to handle 3TB of traffic? :p Resources are _ALWAYS_ limited... even if they do come in high numbers.

But it does ;) Internet lines can only handle so much traffic. I can give you the email address of several ISP owners/managers to back me up if you want?

Terencentanio said:
But it does ;) Internet lines can only handle so much traffic. I can give you the email address of several ISP owners/managers to back me up if you want?

OK, well, whatever. Now stop flaming me...

-Dan The Man

Woa, woa. I mean no disrespect. No intended flame... just trying to educate you. Surely you appreciate errors being corrected?

Terencentanio said:
Woa, woa. I mean no disrespect. No intended flame... just trying to educate you. Surely you appreciate errors being corrected?

Yea, OK. Thanks, I guess maybe everything has a limit.

-Dan The Man

oh fair enough....Ive been talking to TheMajor, so I'll asking him bit more about it. I didnt install Apache to host a forum, just my site but i though I might try and host a forum. I downloaded SMF when I dl phpBB2 so i might give that ago if I can get the PHP sorted.
Thanks again Dan

Sorry Seria, i've kinda hijacked your thread...lol

willsko87 said:
oh fair enough....Ive been talking to TheMajor, so I'll asking him bit more about it. I didnt install Apache to host a forum, just my site but i though I might try and host a forum. I downloaded SMF when I dl phpBB2 so i might give that ago if I can get the PHP sorted.
Thanks again Dan

Sorry Seria, i've kinda hijacked your thread...lol

You will not regret your decision to use SMF over phpBB, even ask TheMajor, he'll say the same.

-Dan The Man

btw I don't really wanna pay money for any of this cos im broke, i just thought I might give it a go and use it for my site when my hosting finishes. I just thought I might give the forum a try.
I'll have a talk to TheMajor about it...
oh...can you give me an example of a SMF forum plz?

willsko87 said:
btw I don't really wanna pay money for any of this cos im broke, i just thought I might give it a go and use it for my site when my hosting finishes. I just thought I might give the forum a try.
I'll have a talk to TheMajor about it...
oh...can you give me an example of a SMF forum plz?

Absolutely. I'm the leader of my gaming clan. Check out our site. That's just one of many different themes that SMF offers on their forums. ReverseFluxx is also a member of my clan, Close Combat Squad.

www.closecombatsquad.com

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom