I need a Gaming PC for under 1300 CD$

Status
Not open for further replies.
as for overall quality of the board: no idea. as for audio, yes it has integrated audio, and yes, you will be able to upgrade to 5.1 sound w/o having to get soundcard, however, you will not be able to get 7.1 because this mobo only has 6 channel audio (which is enough).

here's the link for this mobo

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pr...p?PRODUCT_ID=3160&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP UT&SITE=NA

a couple of ppl reviewed this on the ncix website... they liked it, said it was stable.. but found bios confusing... which won't matter to you anyways since you won't be in there tweaking things due to your nubiness.

is this the one i should i get?

DFI LANPARTY UT NF3 ULTRA-D ATX S939 NFORCE3 DDR AGP 5PCI SATA RAID SOUND GBLAN 1394 MOTHERBOARD

If u have an AGP vid card, then yes. If PCIE, go for the DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D

AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ PROCESSOR S939 VENICE 2.0GHZ 512K L2 CACHE 90NM RETAIL BOX $264.66

ANTEC TRUEBLUE 480W ATX POWER SUPPLY P4READY W/ BLUE LED FAN UL FCC B
$117.30

OCZ EL PC3200 1GB 2X512MB DDR400 CL2-3-2-6 184PIN DIMM DUAL CHANNEL MEMORY KIT W/ RAMSINK
$257.62

DFI LANPARTY UT NF3 ULTRA-D ATX S939 NFORCE3 DDR AGP 5PCI SATA RAID SOUND GBLAN 1394 MOTHERBOARD
$162.84

total $802.42

what i dont whant to break 1000 anymore$ What should i spend my remaining 198 $ on? should i upgrade my cpu?? if so to what and why

i have a ATI RADEON X800 XL PCI-E 256MB 256BIT GDDR3 DVI TV-OUT VIDEO CARD is it compatible with all of my new upgrades???

Um i thought we concluded you had an agp card? Guess not. You will need the pci-e board for that pci-e card. Dont forget about the 14.5% taxes on top of your $800.

NOOOO!!! Thats a PCI Express card, while the DFI mobo u picked out is an nForce3. nForce3 = AGP. Get the DFI Lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D

sorry im looking at the box i copy and pasted the wrong card mine is agp 8x/4x. so the mobo im getting is good write? im moving my old cd drive and dvd writer into my new case. and im doing the same with my floppy. Am i able to do that??

Argg yes.

You dont have a case listed.....that power supply is on its own. Most people here say to buy the PSU and case seperately; ensures quality, but more $. Personally, I'm happy with my Antec 380w combo and it cost less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom