i cant get windows 7 to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetry8

Baseband Member
hi everyone, i have an old desktop that i use for downloading torrents and storing files. I have 2 hard drives, both ide not sata. one is 80gb and the other is a 250gb. when i connect both drives and try and install win7 i get the error that 'Windows can NOT be installed on to Disk 0 Partition 1', when i click more info it says 'The computer hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the BIOS Menu' if i unplug the 250gb i can install win7 to the 80gb, if i unplug the 80gb i still cannot install win7 to the 250gb but it does allow me to install win xp pro. i have tried putting the jumpers to master and slave and ive tried cable select too but it makes no odds. how can i get around this and get the 250gb to work with the 80gb or at min just get the 250gb to work alone? if i install xp pro to either the 80gb or the 250gb i can see both hdd and use the empty one for storage i.e i put the 80gb as master and 250gb as slave then installed xp pro to the 80gb and when i clicked my computer i could see the 250gb drive and when i clicked it it would open up for me to use as storage. any help would be appreciated im a noob and im stuck lol, thanks. Rob

i have tried that but it just wont boot after i do. ity hangs on the starting windows screen?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom