how to tether TF101 to PC

hesson81

Baseband Member
Helloo,,,

I have some video's that I want to put on my tablet. It's and asus eee pad TF101
android tablet. I could swear it was as easy as putting the usb data cable into the comp and opening it in "computer", then basically copying anything i wanted. Almost like it was an external hard drive.

Now I hook the Tablet to the computer with the USB data cable and it doesn't even pull up in the computer. It doesn't work on either of my laptops..

Is there a driver or something that I need??

Thank you much

Re: how to teather TF101 to PC

Are you rooted? What version of Android are you running?

Are you sure that the USB cable is plugged in securely? What OS do you have on the laptop(s)?

It should just pop up under My Computer either: a) as a mass storage device or b) as an MTP device. That's how my Nexus 7 works, anyway.

Do you have USB storage turned on?

sorry guys. it's been a while. Version of Android is 4.0.3..

USB storage. I don't know.. I can't find anything that uses those words together, but I have found settings>storage>then USB computer connection. Gives me an option for MTP or PTP, it's currently on MTP. The explaination for PTP says, allows any files to be xfered onto devices that don't support MTP. I'll have to switch to PTP and give er a try. I'll let you know...

geeeeze, so I tried it.. NO dice. still not a recognized device.. This must of happened after an update or something, I used to be able to USB teather. Now.... not.. Don't get it... I guess I'll have to call clyde over at ASUS....

Back
Top Bottom