How to combine two spelling dictionaries in FireFox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Word cant do it by default cause Windows cant use 2 Languages by default. Even when you have a Language pack install. I know, i have 5 of them installed. I can not edit my spelling for another language until I manually switch the language."

I don't know how I could interpret that as agreeing that Word can do that.
I even said - "It sound a bit like you're saying that it's not possible at all." Just to make sure I understand him correctly. And he confirmed it!

Once again - I understand that FireFox "right now!" cannot do that. I just gave my own constructive criticism about the manner of the replies, which were very pessimistic in my opinion. "Only way around it is to get the source code and built the browser yourself." I don't know how it could possibly help my.
I mean, "Trotter" just said that an extension could fix this issue. That's not really like we need to wait until we'll reach warp speed and conquer other planets for that to be possible.

As it stands right now it isn't possible. That's exactly what Mak was trying to say. We live in the here and now, not the potential future.

You asked, "I need to use two dictionaries but I have to switch between them manually. how can I use them both (or more) in the same time?" The answer is you can't with what is currently available or that we know about. Mak and I are fairly savvy about bowsers and Mak is a MS MVP, so between us we usually have them covered. If you wanted speculation you should have said so. Your question asked for a solution in the here and now so we gave answers from the here and now. No one is trying to be pessimistic about any of it.

I need to use two dictionaries but I have to switch between them manually. how can I use them both (or more) in the same time?

I tried to copy all the text from one to the other and wise versa, but it didn't work, maybe its encoded differently.

Where in any of this does it say your looking for now only right now but into the future? This reads exactly as it says. You want and answer NOW. No where do you say that it doesnt have to be done now but possibly in the future.

Maybe you should state such things instead of saying we are being pessimistic in our opinions. Maybe if you actually said what you were thinking instead of only giving 5% of the information than we could have better answered your query. Stop being so secretive about what your really looking for and talking down on the rest of us when we have no idea what your fully looking for.

Yes in the beginning I said exactly what you staked, but actually, later on, the conversation progressed and I said a bunch of other things, but I have a feeling that it's not gonna lead anywhere. No lesson learned, I was wrong, you were right. Peace.

The only thing I realize from all of this is... whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Actually... now that I looked at my question again, I see that I didn't actually asked weather I can or can not do this, but - "How can I do this". So an answer about the future is exactly the kind of answer that suits the question.

I did answer the "How can i do this" with my very first response in the thread.

There is no way to do it. Firefox can only use 1 dictionary at any time. You cant combine them nor can you use multiples. That is a limitation of the coding of the browser. Only way around it is to get the source code and built the browser yourself.

So i covered not only the present aspect that it cant be done but the future aspect as well. I even answered the query as to how it could be accomplished. So nitpick all you want. My very first response still answered the question completely. Even as the conversation evolved, i still had it covered by my very first response. It was then covered by Trotter who expanded on my comment by saying "build your own extenstion". So i fail to see how we failed to answer your query. We did in every way shape and form without being pessimisticin any way. You are the one who refused to believe a word that was said by us.

But your right on 1 thing. This isnt going to get anywhere. As such Topic Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom