How Powerful will PS3 be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
arcman, very good article. haven't read it all yet but he is right now pointing out something I've been trying t ocram in other peoples heads. The architecture, not the numbers are what counts. Ill give some ideas when I finished reading it. May not be until sunday or so because about to leave from work, yeehaw!

the only reason i am going to get a ps3 is for the blue ray and HD features. BUILT IN...
the 360 requires their proprietary cable setup so you cannot use basic cables that you(customer) may allready have. thats i guess a huge pet peeve of mine. HDMI and Optical out connectors exactly the same as you see on high end players and Recievers.
I build computers and wire houses... the time is coming when consoles will be so similar to pc's that there is almost no difference.... but that day is still far from here.
i do like the 360 all except for proprietary BS and the fact that you have to purchase an add on HDDVD player that ould make it the same $$ as a PS3...
Games aside. because halo is not going to be available on ps3. yet many other games are now going to be cross platform because they are written on regular DVD's....

Hmmm... I wish they had gone into detail on the procedural synthesis... that is about as amazing as the unified shaders.

I buy consoles for games. I really don't care if sony has the better machine, the fact is i don't wanna play one player games. Playstations are for people who don't play multiplayer. Plus, halo3. And for the guy talking about how pc's are so much better because of the graphics. How about this, you can buy an xbox 360 for less than the cost of an 8800gtx. And the 360 has an r580 the precurser to the r600's(i think, if im wrong feel free to correct me). Oh and plus, halo3. I think halo2 is still the top seller in the us for games. Basically i don't wanna pay 600 bucks so i can sit at home and play final santasy, and be like "whoa i got awesome new stuff, I can't wait to show everyone on my freinds list, oh wait this is a one player game..."

K, a comment on the bluray and HD-DVD... buying a PS3 now for the blue ray use would be far to early. Now, if your buying it because bluray can hold more data, and thus larger more emersive games... think again. The games would be expensive if they got out in acceptable time constraints, and if those constraints where essentially thrown out the games would be released with already out dated engines.

The PC is the best in terms of graphics then PS3, then Xbox360, then wii is the worst.

PC > PS3 > Xbox360 > Wii

Yep. The PS3 is good for vertices and geometric figures, but the 360 dances circles around it in terms of detail. Plus, it is capable of 4x AA and 1080p easier than the PS3. Reason being is because of the 10mb memory on the chip for instruction handling. You can set the AA and res to 1080p and it handles the rest without touching the processors.

phpThumb.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom