How Powerful will PS3 be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you must of really done alot of research on that one Orangedude. I love the reference links you provided! Let me guess, you read a few lines of the links I provided, found yourself over your head with how the architectures worked, and provided this amazingly revealing and well though out response. Bravo, never have I seen such a fluid and well thought out response! Which column is it that you write for? Oh, I'm sorry, let me write this in a style more recognizable by you. wHich column. Write for do you? Oh, and the bench marks that you have provided? Absolutely stunning! Sigh... why, oh WHY can't people back up their claims and make an intelligent statement!

I dont understand why r u guys soo freaking like to argu about the soul call next gen of console. maybe I'm not a console person since I only bought a 360 and a psp up till now and lol both of them r collecting dusk right now in my room beside my tv. but really whats the point for playing a game if we not talking about graphic? PC will over perferm all the next gen console no matter what, either I read ur link or I dont cause it wouldn't make much difference, matter effect time :). with 8000 series out direct x 10 up on approch why are we still arguing on a freaking console and trying to prove this and that. Dont mind me this is just my opinion.

If any of you cannot form complete, correctly spelled sentences with proper syntax, I suggest not posting because you are wasting my time.
Thank you.

*SIGH* Ok, what I am pointing out, Orangedude, is the fact that you are claiming something that is NOT defendable because there is NO way to prove it because the needed components hardware/software is NOT available yet. PLUS, developement cycles for these new consoles will peak in around 3 years or maybe more because of the radical architecture. When something this different comes out, developement doesn't just appear with the advantage of taking full use of the hardware. Much of the hardware and power hasn't been touched yet, either because of time constraints (takes a good amount of time to assign and organize the shift of hardware threads in programming) and as more and more experience is gleaned, the hardwares power will finally come into realization. Your rant, for that's the most I can see it as, is unfounded, and is false. NO ONE knows what the systems are capable of because, frankly, for both MS and Sony the architecture is new and untested. So, when I say read what I posted, there is a reason for that. It is to show you that you are in error. YES the PC will overtake the console some day, and by that time, maybe a year later or so, a new console will come out that will overtake the PC for a short time and then the cycle will just keep going over and over. However, unlike a PC a consoles hardware is usually experimental, which is easier to do with a console because of standards in hardware so no "oh great, this and that isn't compatible" and that makes more room for creative design and engineering. Now I'll admit, after seeing the racing game comparisons of ridge racer between xbox and playstation I'm very disappointed in the graphics for the PS3. The jaggies are amazingly smooth and AA is amazing, however the level of detail absolutely blows. Here is the comparison:

http://ps3-evolution.dcemu.co.uk/

So to sum it up, don't make mindless comments or you will be called on to explain and proven very wrong and your arguments inept.

I understand what u trying to say in ur post. But however I can not agree on all of it. I not a type of person who like to predict whats going to happen. I only belive the stuff I acturally see with my very eyes not the stuff I can not find prove or not yet occour but might happen in the futre. that is why I vote for pc instead of console or ps3. the link you gave yes give out alot of information about the 360 and ps3, also states that both of this machines has yet reach its fully protencial. But the question is how many years do I have to wait for that hidden protencial to be expo and even it occour and by then what the world will become? while on pc, what I see is what I get there wouldn't be a thing call hidden protencial(except ofcourse oc :D). Lets just chill and let the actural performance speak for it self in time rather then just arguing over on some statement or information.

Okay... saying something like what is the point of playing the games if not for graphics pretty much offends me as a gamer on all levels. That might be the least important thing I look for when it comes to games.

That's why I wan't a Wii :) looks to be a butt load of fun. Would like a PS3 but again, I just can't see how it would be in my budget right now. Plus, I need to do some PC upgrades soon. So for me, my gaming usually goes in this order: PC, 360, Wii (360 and PC neck and neck for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom