How much space does XP pro use up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the motherboard CD, there is a folder named 'RAID'. Inside it are the following subfolders, Intel, Promise, SiliconImage, and VIA.

In Device Manager, under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, I list an Intel 82801eb ultra ata storage controller. So does this mean I use the Intel directory above? It does contain a file in the image of a floppy named 'F6 install'.

I didn't look under the RAID directory before, is this the right spot for the SATA driver? And does the file in the intel directory sound like the correct one? Once I hear back on my questions I'll make the floppy and give it another go.

Fixed!!!

The previous CHKDKS did not fix my problem, but after running the MaxBlast CD within Windows and it setting up my system to allow it to recognize more then 137gb drives, the second CHKDSK fixed all the problems. Took well over an hour as well. So to anyone that has a Maxtor drive with this problem, once Os is installed and you are in Windows, pop in your Maxblast CD and it will prompt you to install software to allow your PC to recognize larger then 137gb drives, after this it reboots. Once back in Windows run a full CHKDSK and be prepared for it to take a while. That's it! :)

Thanks to everyone for their help and time.

Yes, actually it was your earlier post, Ericb, that made me think the software did enable the 48bit LBA, so I decided to see if I fully checked the volume via CHK/Scan disk if it would pick up the problems, sure enough, it did. So thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom