How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I'm wondering how much you all are paying for your internet service. If you bundle, like I do, please tell me how much you pay for each service, and the total.

I have Mediacom 'VIP' (Video + Internet + Phone) pack. I pay $109.87 (taxes included) with a lifetime lock, so no price changes... :laughing:

Video :
Family Cable - $17.00/mo
Family Cable Digital Plus - $9.00/mo
Starz + Showtime + HBO = $17.95/mo

Internet :
8Mb/s Down / 1Mb/s up = $29.95.mo (I get downloads up to 25Mb/s during the night, and I average around 12Mb/s throughout the entire day.)

Phone :
Digital VoIP = $29.95

Sub-total = $103.85/mo + taxes/fees

Around here, that's a great price, as if I weren't to bundle, I would pay $75/mo for 1.5Mb/s internet and phone, and an extra $45/mo for BASIC cable, with all the extra channels, I would pay nearly $80/mo.

Currently paying $39.95 for a 3.0M DSL line (actual around 1.5-1.8). Looks like we are about to drop AT&T, though. They have succeeded in royally ****ing off my wife... enough so that she wants ALL of their services GONE. Basically, they offered a package deal (internet, DirectTV, phone, cell), but the "package" has never materialized... Instead, we are paying for the DirectTV (supposed to have been free for 12 months), the cell (for my mother-in-law) is almost double what it was supposed to be, they added a long distance package that is way expensive (we use out Verizon cells for long distance
huh.gif
). AT&T says they don't have a package like what we were offered and have gotted snotty about it. Oh, well... their loss.

Odds are we will go with a package from Charter (the only other broadband provider around here). $105 for Digital Home, phone, and 5.0M internet.

somehow i find that hard to believe ;x 8mb connection and you download at 25mb/s at night? kk.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 12019 Kbps about 12 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)
Download Speed is:: 1467 kB/s
Tested From:: Broadband Speed Test and Internet Bandwidth Community - testmy.net resource / tool (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/11/01 - 8:17am
Bottom Line:: 210X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.7 sec
Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 8.375 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 138.8 % faster than the average for host (mchsi.com)
D-Validation Link:: Member Stats - testmy.net resource / tool
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 [!]

There's download speeds. The last one is from today, just before I posted this.

Currently paying $39.95 for a 3.0M DSL line (actual around 1.5-1.8). Looks like we are about to drop AT&T, though. They have succeeded in royally ****ing off my wife... enough so that she wants ALL of their services GONE. Basically, they offered a package deal (internet, DirectTV, phone, cell), but the "package" has never materialized... Instead, we are paying for the DirectTV (supposed to have been free for 12 months), the cell (for my mother-in-law) is almost double what it was supposed to be, they added a long distance package that is way expensive (we use out Verizon cells for long distance
huh.gif
). AT&T says they don't have a package like what we were offered and have gotted snotty about it. Oh, well... their loss.

Odds are we will go with a package from Charter (the only other broadband provider around here). $105 for Digital Home, phone, and 5.0M internet.

I had the same problem. I was going to use them when I first moved to my old house. I called them, and they had a 'package deal' exactly like yours, and it was suppose to be $120/mo for 3Mb/s DSL, DirecTV, home phone, and cell phones. I got the second bill (after all first time charges were made, and paid), and the bill was $170 for monthly reoccurring charges. I called them, and they said that's what the price was going to be. I canceled services with them.

$99 per month for >1M cable + phone package, which has a 20GB limit (including uploads)

Australia's internet sucks with download limits.

I'm very glad I don't live in Australia, although I don't download too much, but it is nice knowing you don't have to worry about that.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 12019 Kbps about 12 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)
Download Speed is:: 1467 kB/s
Tested From:: Broadband Speed Test and Internet Bandwidth Community - testmy.net resource / tool (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/11/01 - 8:17am
Bottom Line:: 210X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.7 sec
Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 8.375 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 138.8 % faster than the average for host (mchsi.com)
D-Validation Link:: Member Stats - testmy.net resource / tool
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.17) Gecko/20080829 Firefox/2.0.0.17 [!]

There's download speeds. The last one is from today, just before I posted this.

you said you had 8MB connection, correct me if im wrong but its impossible to download at 25 mb a second with 8mb internet connection.

you said you had 8MB connection, correct me if im wrong but its impossible to download at 25 mb a second with 8mb internet connection.

I do have an 8mb/s connection. The only reason why I can think that I can download that, is that they do offer a 30Mb/s connection. My modem may not be provisioned correctly, so I can get those speeds? I don't hit the 25Mb/s mark often, but it has happened on several occasions. I usually stay around the 12-17Mb/s mark throughout the day, and LATE at night/EARLY in the morning, I can get up to 25Mb/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom