How I almost was going to kill myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, simply burn them to a disc? yeah not going to happen hey

with xbox and ps2 (maybe 3, i dont know) all you had to do was burn them to get a copy, yes, but you needed a modded / chipped console to play it. I know, not hard to get, but lots of people can't be bothered.

2. with 360s, thats not the case. for one when you mod your xbox you will 99% of the time get locked out of xbox live, which is one of the main reasons 360s are awesome, cause of their great multi. that and you need to have the console plugged into the computer directly at the time that you are burning it and have some crazy *** source code programs running at the same time to get some figures etc etc etc, it takes a while. very doable, but involved.

so no, it is not simply a case of copy paste play yay. PC games are definitely more pirated than console games.

yes you have to have it modded, which is very simple, but yea like you said you can get locked from live and probably will (im lucky so far lol)

but as far as the whole "you need your xbox hooked up to your computer to burn discs" statement its wrong
there are special ways of burning the discs yes, but you dont have to have anything but a computer and a DL DVD burner

If someone can learn about computers then they can learn to mod and xbox 360 as it needs no chip at all, and they can learn to burn the games which is not hard at all virtually just like burning a regular dvd

Well, of all the people I know over the internet and personally, none of them has a modded console or plays pirated games on them. Yet about 70% of my clan members play pirated games. Reasons people don't mod consoles:

1) You can't exactly walk down to Wal-Mart and buy a mod chip
2) People don't know how to install and don't want to bother learning
3) People don't want to pay to have a console modded or pay extra for a modded console
4) It's risky, it breaks most online Terms of Use (including LIVE), and people fear they may damage their console and most likely their warranty will be void.

To most people it's not worth it. That is why it's not very popular.

If PC developers start using a system like Valve has with steam, piracy would not be a serious problem as it is now. Single-player focused games are the biggest victims. Bethesda didn't even require a serial number for Oblivion and Shivering Isles, that only makes it easier. I guess they figured it would only be cracked and decided they would be nice and just make it less of a hassle to pirate it. All you need is a disk crack, but I bought it. I don't feel like having to put the disk in every time. I still used my friend's copy of Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine pack to upgrade mine.

Valve is sitting nicely with Steam and it's hit franchise Half-Life and Counter-Strike.

eh guess we just hang out with different people because everyone i know with just a little knowledge of computers has modded

and if you afraid of getting banned from live, dissconnect from the internet when you play a burnt disc

i would highly reccomend console modding, its alot of fun and there are alot of cool things you can do once you learn how. mod chips are simple to find online and if you have any skills at soldering you could do it, and if you have a 350 all you have to do is hook your 360 up to your computer and flash the firmware, which is simple enough

then acquiring games is simple as well, considering you can find them the same places you find pc games

just look into it its allot of fun to play around with

I have mine modded. It isn't rocket science. I could probably teach my grandma to do it.

All it involves is opening up your 360, and plugging the SATA cable from your 360's drive to the motherboard of your PC. Then you flash the drive's BIOS so it reads all burned media as Microsoft certified DVD-ROM. Very, very simple.

Burning games is just as easy. Obtain the ISO file (must include a .DVD file, or it won't work, because you burn these games on DUAL LAYER DVD's, and the .DVD file contains information on where the dual-layer break is). Then burn it with IMGBurn.

I've yet to be banned from Live, also.

Well, it's not UT2k7 anymore, it's Unreal Tournament III, not quit sure what UT2 would be since UT3 is actually the fourth one in the series. Should have stuck with 2007 or went with 2008.

All it involves is opening up your 360

That right there is why it's uncommon, even if it's easy to do, not to many people are going to be keen on the idea of opening their $400 console and messing around with wires. Even if it's easy, doesn't mean it's common. I believe building your own PC is easy but the majority of PC purchases are pre-builts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom