how do i fix this slow down? multiple pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to download large files and stream videos, you have to upgrade to a higher bandwidth Internet service plan which will cost more money.

Looks like they just have one firmware version.
http://site2.buffalotech.com/support/downloads-product2.php
which you should already be running.

A new router to test may help. As others have stated 2Mb/sec is not much bandwidth for the amount of computers you have. a new router will help some if your old one is failing but will not completely solve the situation.

check out Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test you can test your speed and then start streaming on another computer and test again to see how much of your bandwidth is left.

Normally 4 PC's on 2mbit link should be fine - for internet browsing, mail, online game.
If you do huge download on one of them than it eats all your 2mbit and rest of computers could go down with connectivity.
Also if one of PC is infected then it could eat your connection a lot and rest of PC's have slow connectivity.
Depends.

speed test says download speed 30,00mb something. is that normal for 1mb,2mb connection? that is when ps3 off, pc1 off, pc2 on online game, pc3 using right now.

1 of pc infected and it can make the rest of pc internet slow? i got to make sure my pc is not infected then but i am sure all clean but gotta keep look out.

im planning to get new router and see if it change.

You have plenty of speed. That is not the issue.

Try a new router. Check all of the computers for viruses as well.

30meg??????? wow i never knew i got that speed! i guess my isp increase the speed?

i just remember 1 or 2 meg but thats like 2003, 2004. i dont care much. i just know i got cable broadband.

anyway.... is it posible of the problem is due to area? like not stable area? like with mountains and rivers or something locking the signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom