How did you start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are lucky. I wish that I had been playing games when the older systems were considered next-gen. I feel like I missed out on a great era of gaming.

i started off playing games on a Sega Master System borrowed from my uncle when i was about 3-4 years old, Alex the Kid (onboard game) and Sonic were all he had. when i was around 4-5 back in '94 we got a SNES and i fell in love with Super Mario World. SNES had many of the greats. i eventually got a PSX, Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider became my new favourites. 2002 came and i got an xbox with Halo, JSRF and Sega GT. since december 2005 i have lived on PC games (when i first got a PC capable of playing games from the current decade). i can't separate out all the games i've played so i'll do my "best of" various platforms:

SMS:
  • Alex the Kid
  • Sonic the Hedgehog

SNES:
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Allstars
  • B.O.B
  • Starwing (only called Starwing in Australia AFIK, everywhere else known as Starfox)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2

PSX:
  • Tomb Raider
  • Tomb Raider II
  • Crash Bandicoot 2
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Ape Escape

Xbox:
  • Halo
  • Halo 2
  • The Suffering
  • Project Gotham Racing 2
  • Blinx the Timesweeper (don't knock it, it's actually quite addictive!)

PC:
  • Half Life
  • Half Life 2
  • Quake 4
  • CoD4 (for their attempt at reality with the sniper level)
  • Farcry

You guys ever play The Legend of Zelda: A link to the past for super Nintendo? That game was mad fun, i beat it over and over and over!!

Commodore 64. wOOt.

Then Amiga 1200.

Fav games were
Banshee and settlers,
also the MK series.

Then got my 1st pc and couldnt stop using it!

1.WoW
2.COD2
3.Company Of Heroes
4.Eve Online
5.Unreal Tournament Series.

I remember when Star Craft came out that game was like crazy people were playing that like crazy on there 56k modems had to set your settings to extra high lag so you could keep up with people that had high speed which were not many at the time because cable and dsl just came out. Then the lines I waited in to try and buy Brood Wars when that came out.

Haha, I never understood the whole Starcraft craze. I always hated the games. WoW and the Diablo series are the only two games I have ever liked from Blizzard.

I got started when i was 5, with getting an N64 for my birthday. I got mario 64, which IMO could be 1 of the longest games of all time(if you do everything). Then when i was 7, i got GoldenEye. I played that game, so much. My dad would play against me and my friends, on Temple, with grenade launchers. Then you got LoZ:Ocarina of Time. <----OMG. I then got a gamecube, (Super Smash Bros. Melee). I got a gaming pc in 2004. I got hooked on call of duty 1. I thought it was so cool. I have been hooked on the series since.

Top Games
1) LoZ:OoT
2) GoldenEye
3) Battlefield 1942
4) KOTR
5) Mario 64

My first console was a home version of Pong from Radio Shack. It had a few versions built in, and the all new first of its kind light gun. ;)

The Atari 2600 was my next one, right after it came out.

I went to a Tandy ColorComputer 2 next. Nothing like playing Zaxxon with a non-centering joystick. But it was cutting edge at the time.

I have had the NES, a 386 & 486 PC, SuperNintendo. I left gaming for a while, and then got a 233MHz PC w/32mB RAM- going uptown! i still have it... somewhere.

I finally got a AMD 2000+ eMachine many years later and joined the throng online. I still have it and its many upgrades... its my wife's computer now.

My current gamer is in my sig. I am a BF2 player, and dabble in COD4 (haven't reinstalled it since my format). I am waiting for Spore and BF3.

Wow i forgot about my pong machine. That and my old Apple IIe with monochrome monitor and 5" floppies. Oregon trail ftw! Anyone remember the old game "karateka" ? I used to play the crap out of that game, ive been trying to find a port of it just for nostalgia but i cant find a working version.

Heh trotter, 233mhz pc with 32mb of ram, thats a really upscale machine. The first pc my parents bought was back in 91, 386 33mhz with turbo button, 4mb of ram, and 20MB hard drive. I played scorched earth and leisure suit larry so much on that machine. Then came the UPGRADE, 8mb of memory and a 100mb hard drive! Then we even got a 14k modem!!! Thus began my downfall into the interwebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom