Horrible PC crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not the disc tho =/ it doesnt even read teh disc. i get tht code no matter what i do.

what if i get an ERD? the comp is like 6 years old tho so idk how i would..

So wait you get that error when? After the BIOS and before it tries to boot? Do you get it when it tries to boot into Windows? When do you get that error?

i get that error any time i turn on my comp, just a little while after the Windows loading page appears

Alright. That answers a couple of things for me.

Your system is not set to boot from the Optical Drive. Cause it should not reach that point with the Vista DVD inserted. That should kick on right after the Dell logo leaves the screen. So you will have to go into your BIOS and set your boot priority to Optical first then hard drive.

The reason you are getting this is because of the failed repair. It is trying to boot Windows. But since the boot failed, you dont have a OS that works. Just like i first said.

Your install right now is corrupted. Which is why i said you need to go back and redo the repair to get a functioning OS. Right now it is corrupted and wont boot no matter what.

So your options are to do a repair install again, or to set the boot priority correctly so that you can use the Vista DVD.

If it is like my Dell once you power it on and the loading bar starts to go across hit F2. That should allow you to enter the setup. From there you will find that option, if memory serves me, under the drive configuration.

I havent been in my BIOS in a while so that could be wrong. But the option you want is the boot configuration or the boot device config.

makes sense, if it took 6 hours to get half way done the HDD is not running correctly, (cycle redundency error). its toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom