Horrible PC crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z e i g

In Runtime
during a very lengthy system restore on my Dell Demensions 2400 (i think), that took 6 hours to get halfway done, i accidentally kicked out teh power cord and had a total computer meltdown, not to mention i was upset. when i tried to turn it back on the computer gave me an error code which if anyone needs i can go get it later. the computer gets to loading windows and then before it even gets to the profiles it encounters an error on a blue page.

safe mode, system restore, etc dont work..ive even tried putting in an OS cd my friend gave me and it wont read it :( im not super great with computers it appears so im asking what should i do?

i cant get geeksquad to fix it cuz thatd cost as much as its prolly worth before it quit working! can it be fixed? and what is the best course of action here?

If your getting a Blue Screen, That means that your getting that BSOD or Blue Screen of Death which is most caused by a Software or Hardware issue. I think the only way to fix that is to reinstall your OS, but im not sure why your CD isnt booting?

well im prety sure the cd my friend gave me is a bootlegged version of vista.. i opened the cd on my other comp and i had to open a file on the cd to make it work. so it didnt go use the cd right away so maybe thts wht my trashed comp is doing? or woudl tht happen if teh driver for the cd drive was trashed?

You will need to go back and start the repair over. Till then you will not be able to use your current install as it is corrupted and incomplete.

The CD should be able to be booted from. If you had to access a file on the CD first that would tell me that it isnt bootable and cant be used to install.

what if the OS was the only thing on the CD woudl that work?

PS- so what if i got a new hard drive? if it were blank could i use that CD?

No. Having to access a file on the CD first to get it active will not allow you to use it for install at all. Even with a new hard drive. You have to be able to access it upon boot with no interaction.

The process that takes place would be that it would go thru the BIOS and then access your first boot device. Having it set to the DVD Drive to be able to install a OS is the best option.

After it goes thru the BIOS it will check the Optical drive to see if there is a bootable device in there. If not it will continue the boot process to the hard drive. There it will look for the boot information on the hard drive and start the loading process of the OS.

Since you said it wont read it that tells me that it isnt bootable and no way to be able to start the install process with it.

Does it give a error or something when it tries to access the DVD?

k ill start reading tht right after this post. the blue screen displayed this..

Stop: c00021a {fatal sysem error}
The session manager initialisation system process
terminated unexpectedly with status
of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has been shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom