Holding Shift Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_mogul

The Original Mac User
For most graphics related programs from AppleWorks to Illustrator, when scaling an object or artwork, you must always be careful not to distort the object. Holding shift will solve all of these problems. Holding shift also keeps conformity to most other actions.i.e. when rotating an object, holding shift constrains the rotations to 45 degrees.i.e. when moving an object, shift will keep the object constrained to an invisible line along the bottom most area on the object.
Shift solves a lot of problems and I apprecciate shift!:D

He He... Shift Happens :)

Shift Key uses

[COLOR=dark-blue]You can also use shift for other things too. I used it most when I'm browsing the web. Shift+Click will open a link to a new window. I have a logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical, and I used the thumb button as shift. (makes browsing really easy.)

My friend aslo found, if you press shift while in XP looking at the shutdown menu, it changes log off to stand-by.[/COLOR]

there are the "stick keys" on the Windows 2000 or XP systems, hold down shift for 8 seconds and stick keys will turn on.
When it is on you can press shift/ctrl/alt once to lock on it for one use, or you can press it twice and lock it on until you press it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom