Hey strollin...

I have the page file on ramdisk which is the memory. Any thing put on the ramdisk gets saved to the HDD to preserve it. On shutdown anything on the memory is deleted.

On boot up the page file on the HDD is written to the ramdisk. It is a well known fact that the memory is way faster than the hard drive.

I have the page file on ramdisk which is the memory. Any thing put on the ramdisk gets saved to the HDD to preserve it. On shutdown anything on the memory is deleted.

On boot up the page file on the HDD is written to the ramdisk. It is a well known fact that the memory is way faster than the hard drive.

Sorry it took me a while to read this.

Why would the contents on the ramdisk get saved on the HDD? You are supposed to use the ramdisk for temporary files. What are you using it for?

It speed things up but it's over. All back to normal.

It was used as the page file and originally done on the drive. It uses the ramdisk for paging and on shutdown it's written to the HDD for preservation. On boot up it's back on the ram.

It speed things up but it's over. All back to normal.

It was used as the page file and originally done on the drive. It uses the ramdisk for paging and on shutdown it's written to the HDD for preservation. On boot up it's back on the ram.

I understand what you are saying, but there is no need to sync the pagefile to disk on shutdown. It's only causing you to loose time booting and shutting down.

Back
Top Bottom