help with operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically it runs another OS in a window like a browser, you can still access all the files etc. i do windows xp and linux so its handy, basically having 2 OS working at the same time.

as for vista 32, if you've bought it, just install it from the disk to the same drive, do it that way and when your computer boots next it'll ask which OS you want to load. have vista and XP, doesnt matter, but if you try and partition the drive you more than likely will lose data, there may be progs out there to do it but i wouldnt risk it.

edit: aahh wiki you delicious b*****d,
Virtual machine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

some basic info there and some links to some progs at the bottom, simple to do enjoy

alright i have checked out virtual box and and just a little unsure how to install it and make it start working. can someone help me out a little?

alright thanks everyone i have virtual box up and running with windows xp. now my question is how can i install this program of mine onto the virtual box?

thats what i had thought, but it will not recconise that there is a disk in the drive.. is there any options or solutions to fix this?

alright i just got the cd to be recconised but when i go to do anything on it it gives me the pop up that it is not a valid win 32 opperation

what does this mean is there any hope ?

but theres no way to partition the drive without losing your current data so i'd leave partitioning out and dual boot a second operating system.

GParted -- Welcome

I've used it many times to partition a drive that already has an OS/data on it in order to dual boot or just even make a new partition. You could do it within Windows if you wanted to too, but GParted is much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom