Help With Booting Ppplease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadder83

Beta member
Hi My name is Chad and i just got a pc from my buddy. i got all the books and drivers that came with it originally.

my problem:

when i got it it was missing files and having alot of errors.... so i went to format by putting the windows xp pro disk and rebooting and normally i would press the space bar to enter the format and install screen for windows xp.. now it wouldnt boot the drive so i figured i would enter the bios and re-arrange the boot sequence and voila.. well when i got to the bios, it asked for a passworrd, and i didnt not know it nor did the previous owner. so i went online and copied allll of the possible backdoor passwords and re-enterd the bios and tried them all... i was not successful in this. so i than proceded to use the jumper.. the steps were to unplug the power from the board switch the jumper from 1and2 to 2and3 for 5 seconds and than replace them back to original order than rehook everyting and power on. when i did this the bios booted up with out asking for a password but i was not able to use my keyboard so i rebooted.. when it went to boot up.. the motherboard did not kick on but the fan and the cd and dvd drives both light up and are able to open and close.

please help me i do not know what else to do.

this is themother board :
Phoenix - AwardBios P4M80-M7

Thank you very much for reading this. and please get back to me if anyone knows what to do.

-ChaddeR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom