Help remoting into a machine on a home network!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
What the best way around this situation?

I know its probably simple. Say for example, I have an employee that I am trying to remote into his machine and do some work. He or she is behind a personal router and has a ip address of 192.xxx. Normally, I can connect through my vpn to them if they have a 172.xxx address but that is not possible. So how can I connect to them by live meeting, netmeeting, or any other app that needs their ip address if they are behind a router with a 192 etc ip address?

I know this is simple but I can't think of how to do this.

About dynamic ip There are few programs available which sits in someone's computer and whenever a person is connected it sends its new ip to the person who has putted effort to get that. usually hackers do that. so that can a bit of your solution. but still you've to resolve ip every time.

Logmein.com

Free and automatically works around the above issues like firewalls and router configurations.

+1 for LogMeIn. Although, Hamachi is a little more sofisticated. I prefer it over LogMeIn because I find it easier to manage the machines I'm looking after (for family, friends, etc). And it has a few more features which I don't think you can do with LogMeIn.

I'm a SBO and i use it to manage my clients computers. It is a great tool.

Yes it is absolutely free. They have a couple different versions that are for pay, but you can do most remote management with the free version. You can also update/upgrade any PC to one of the for-pay versions if you find it necessary to complete something the free version doesn't provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom