help plz i am stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
an easier solution may be getting yourself multiple players, as none is the "perfect" player....get a few and use them all (I have to do this with audio AND video...creative, windows, um...something else, just one wont do it) *sigh*I want an ogg player....

thx MusicMakesDaMan
i have yet to find another media player that i like as much as windows media player (i know microsoft eww) but it does its job well except for playin some of the the songs poorly. i have been lookin for a new player that i can do everything with but am still lookin.
u mentioned that u wanted an ogg player. heres a link to foobar2k. i use it alot to encode and such it is a very nice player but plain looking, and all the setting u could ever hope for almost
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4003&file=3&evp=5a16ea4c60dde351e89267cdc8ea35a4

best regards
neversleeps

Thanx for the complement (although buying my computer cost me an accounting degree...ouch, I still love my baby though) As for your problem...I can only think that what Inaris said was probably the problem...I have the same issue with ripping MP3's...they play fine in other players, just not wmp.....I can only assume that since my other MP3's (the ones other people have ripped) play fine, that MS has some "problem" with the non-microsoft ripped files.....

sorry musicman but i stated before that it has issues with all file formats including wma and mp3 which include ones the wmp9 made itself which obviously are wma's
sry for the confusion and thx for ur post

neversleeps

Neversleeps,
as of yet, I have not been able create this problem on my own. I have done everything that I could think of to try and create this problem, aside from builing your computer to play with, and have not seen anything like you discribe. I have seen issues revolving around oddly encoded files, but nothing that matches yours.
I'll keep trying, but the light for me has dimmed slightly in this journey...

alright heres another question,
first
3. Why do I hear audio distortion while playing an MP3 file?
If you hear audio distortion when playing an MP3 file, find the file Ctmp3.acm on your computer and rename it to Ctmp3.bak. Windows Media Player isn't fully compatible with the file, which is a Creative PlayCenter MP3 decoder.

that was taken from microsucks faq funny thing is i searched my computer for both files including searching hidden files and folders and i have neither one with mediaplayer installed
heres the link if u wanna have a look h**p://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx

anyone care to shed some lite on this plz
thx
neversleeps

update i can play the mp3's that r givin me trouble in media player 2 (type mplayer2 in the run box ) and they sound fine now play the same mp3 in WMP9 and its distorted, wtf is goin on here, plz help

can you list out the audio codecs that you have loaded?
Maybe post a site where I can check the music that is causing you trouble... Just to see...

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom