Help a Young Gamer choose a Gamping Laptop

Which M17x are you looking at? R3? R4? We need something to compare to. And what exactly is your budget?

All i7 series are quad core. No, that does not multiply the GHz rating by 4. That just means it has 4 threads, and when hyperthreading is enabled, it splits the 4 physical cores into 8 virtual cores.

Read this for more info: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/

For games, you'll want to look more towards which graphics card is better.

My Budget is trying to be roughly under 1600-1700..
And im talking about the M17x - The Dell Online Store: Build Your System Versus the G75vw - Amazon.com: ASUS Republic of Gamers G75VW-AS71 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop: Computers & Accessories What my main concern is which one is better In your point of view. I woud love to get that the G75vw but I just don't know if the processor is better than that M17x... if it is than im definitly getting that G75vw.

My Budget is trying to be roughly under 1600-1700..
And im talking about the M17x - The Dell Online Store: Build Your System Versus the G75vw - Amazon.com: ASUS Republic of Gamers G75VW-AS71 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop: Computers & Accessories What my main concern is which one is better In your point of view. I woud love to get that the G75vw but I just don't know if the processor is better than that M17x... if it is than im definitly getting that G75vw.

the default processor you linked in the alienware pc is .1Ghz than the Asus.
i like Asus's display better, Asus 1080p vs Alienware 1600x900. Though Alienware's display can be upgraded.

Last edited:
I disagree with the Alienware comment. You're paying for a brand more than anything (like what you do with Apple).

I understand that you overpay for what you get, but it's good quality. i've had great customer support from the alienware team (Dell) which is what apple lacks.

Now for what laptop to buy? I'm still standing by the side of an asus G75VW. especially if it fits your budget well, an Alienware m17x R4 seems to have better specs at glance, and has a better benchmark rating. but the price is too damn high for what its worth. besides, if your able to pay about $1,400 for the laptop and which should last a good 3 years, you can just make a savings pool for a new laptop or desktop in the future.

Back
Top Bottom