Help a noob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I dont know exactly how that integrated card fairs vs real video cards, but its probably 64 MB of integrated memory. If a games minimum requirements are a gefore 1 and 32 megs of video memory you can probably play it on that.

My laptop is 2 years old and has some integrated chip which is probably worse then yours and can run counterstrike 1.6 decently.

I'd say you can probably play any first generation 3D game and probably all 2D ones. There are tons of games that fall into these categorys though so if you dont mind the old style graphics then theres lots of incredible games.

Try a lucas arts adventure game if you like then, youll need to get Scummvm to get them to work well under windows xp.

They may be hard to come across seeing as Lucasarts is kind of a turd about it. They dont sell the games, but you cant legally download them so basicly you cant play it unless you own it. There are other ways to get a game though, which personally I dont feel is stealing if you cant buy the game legally...

hardware t&l on an integrated intel chip :-/ I wish my intel integrated laptop did that.

classicill said:

Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GM

No...above is what I have. It has 8 MB.

That other card I posted was a game requirement. I just wondered what that stuff meant.

What is T&L? Texture and Lighting?

(Transformation & Lighting) Moving 3D objects on screen and changing the corresponding lighting effects. Transforming these 3D matrices many times per second as the objects move and recomputing their shadows each time takes an enormous amount of processing. Hardware T&L offloads these functions from the system CPU into the display adapter or some other board, which enables a greater number of polygons to be processed to create a more realistic effect.

Forget any game that says dx9 in the specs, forget any game that says 3d accelerator 64mb or anything like that.

Mr_Threepwood said:
It wont play sid miers pirate or battle for the middle earth 2.

It will play monkey island 1, 2 and 3 and probably even 4, the first 3 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I've only played the Curse of Monkey Island and Escape Fro m Monkey Island. Curse of was better though, Escape From was a bit weird with teh controls and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom