Hello AMD Socket G34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, this is kind of comparable to the people who say microsoft is a monopoly because they sell more than any other OS. When the only reason they do is because it's more well known (well, maybe not today..but use to) so people buy it more. Intel is more well known compared to AMD so people buy it more (most "high end" prebuilt comps. come with intels...).
Actually, Microsoft became a monopoly with a lot of luck. IBM chose to contract Microsoft for their OS, which at the time was DOS (which Microsoft actually bought for $40,000).
Microsoft's contract didn't allow them to make a new OS for the IBM PC, other than what IBM would allow.
IBM and Microsoft worked on OS/2, but Microsoft picked up an abandoned project to add a GUI over DOS. They called it Windows.
Technically, it wasn't an actual Operating System. It was just a program that ran on DOS. That was basically a loophole in the contract.
It wasn't until IBM clones became more and more popular that IBM abandoned their proprietry status on PC systems. Windows, however, remained very popular. Mainly due to the large amount of IBM clones, and the fact that many people didn't know how to use DOS properly, or didn't really want to deal with command line.

Conicidentally, it's also because of IBM that Intel became a large power in the CPU market.
It's also because of IBM that AMD began to compete.

I still think the whole 6-8-12 core chips are stupid (from both of them). People still argue the point of why get a quad-core when a duel does just as well...so why would anyone want to buy into 6+ core CPU's.
Then don't buy one.
They're not meant for desktop systems anyway. They're meant for servers, which actually do utilize multiple cores.

Intel is more well known compared to AMD so people buy it more (most "high end" prebuilt comps. come with intels...).

Back a couple years ago, before the core architecture, AMD was the custom builders choice....and for a long time, several years if i remember correctly.

The prices were lower, and the chips oc'd better.

People dont buy Intel over AMD because its more well known, its because they want to oc as much as possible.

Back a couple years ago, before the core architecture, AMD was the custom builders choice....and for a long time, several years if i remember correctly.
custom builders ≠ mainstream users
Even when the K8 processors were faster, more power efficient, cheaper than Netburst processors, Intel sold heaps of Pentium 4's.

custom builders ≠ mainstream users
Even when the K8 processors were faster, more power efficient, cheaper than Netburst processors, Intel sold heaps of Pentium 4's.

Yeah, but we all know why...cause its Intel.

They did some aggressive advertising too, i remember watching tv with the blueman group
commercials and others promoting the netburst technology.

edit: haha here it is
YouTube - Blue Man Group - Pipes

man.. when they bring in the blue man group... you know its over...

they should bring em back for core 3 duo and core 3 quad... and core 3 octo

AMD should use um....

But dude, you got me hooked on blue man group, lol thx alot. I watched liek 9 vids on the tube.

Oh, I have never been to a school, an office, a job, a cubicle or watever that has had an AMD processor. Its always a P4 dell or something.... sucks.

When i went to take a test for tsa, all the computers were custom built athlon xp's with 17" kds lcd's.

yeah i have good memory lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom