Having trouble with BSoD !! Need Help

okie i started the event manager . I didnt know what exactly i was looking for . so i filtered the entries to "Critical" under System . It shows 10 reboots due to crashes since 31st July to today .( Source - kernel power , Event ID - 41 ) All entries are the same .

Okie BSOD showed up right now , got the stop code
[h=3](STOP Error 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL )[/h]googled the codes and this is what it says "STOP error 0xD1 means that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high." What does it mean ???and whats the solution to this ????

Dont use Google for Windows based problems. You will not find the answers you need.

Important Info If You Have Received a STOP Code

If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error. If your copy of Windows came with your computer, call the manufacturer of your computer. If you purchased Windows separately from your computer, Microsoft provides support. To find contact info for Microsoft or your computer manufacturer, Contact Support.

If you have experience with computers and want to try to recover from this error, follow the steps provided in the Microsoft article Resolving STOP (Blue Screen) Errors in Windows.

These actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
Scan your computer for computer viruses.
Check your hard disk for errors.

Cause

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

If the first parameter has the same value as the fourth parameter, and the third parameter indicates an execute operation, this bug check was likely caused by a driver that was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for the page fault include the following:

The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).

The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.

The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.

Resolution

To begin debugging, use a kernel debugger to get a stack trace.

If the problem is caused by the driver that you are developing, make sure that the function that was executing at the time of the bug check is not marked as pageable or does not call any other inline functions that could be paged out.

Source

You have a bad driver. Simple answer. Go to the Manufacturer's Website and get updated drivers or go directly to the component manufacturer's website and make sure you have the latest drivers.

i got my nvidia driver updated . ran the memory diagnostic for the RAM , everythings fine . I also downloaded HD tune pro (trial) and in the health tab theres a warning . "DMA CRC error count - 1" , says it might be linked to a damaged cable . could this be the problem behind everything???

Back
Top Bottom