Harddrive dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!! ok, i was dying because my new comp isnt here yet.... well, last night i got fed up and took my modem and put it in my sis's computer... turned it back on, and guess what.... SAME FRIGGEN ERROR!!! I turned the psu off before i put in the modem..

So in short, i think my modem is short circuited my motherboard and my sisters... :( is that possible? im sure it is because its only static :) lol

bummer....how is your sister taking it ?
did you try clearing the cmos ?
if you get the exact replacement mainboard you are good to go
if you get a different model mainboard you can not just plug everything back in and boot. Because of windows HAL you may need to do an inplace install or you can just wipe it if there is no data.

1) she didnt want to do anything on it until i screwed it up just to get me in trouble lol.. shes 9

2) yes, on hers and mine

3) obviously

4) obviously

do you think i could RMA it?

Ummm It's possible, they may determine that it was not the mainboard....and not credit the RMA...did you like the mainboard
or would you rather have a different model ? ...or was this like a 64bit mainboard with liquid cooled processor ? was this the one in your sig ?

umm no i didnt like it... but i would definitly NOT like to pay the money to fix my sis's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom