Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadRussian

Baseband Member
Well i've posted in a couple other threads, one relating to my friend, and another relating to my graphics driver issue.

Well today a did a fresh install of Vista, and of course the issue still remains.

So i make a partition to install XP on, everything is going fine when boom, during the middle of installing XP it gives me some disk error. So i think to myself, alright whatever i'll just start again. But this problem persists. The second time i tried to install i noticed my partition was gone, and i only had about 200gb of my 400 showing in the windows xp installation. Gives me a disk error again, i get tired of it.

I try to boot up to vista, but no. It's gone, BIOS is only showing 127 gb on my hard drive and whenever i try to boot it just restarts. Now i'm trying to install vista again and it's telling me it can't find a driver to install it on.

WTF is going on.

It' only showing 127GB because either his motherboard is too old or his BIOS isn't up to date. To answer your question about formatting: yes you can you have to third party software but it formats it in the same way as Windows and Linux do and in the same file formats.

It' only showing 127GB because either his motherboard is too old or his BIOS isn't up to date. To answer your question about formatting: yes you can you have to third party software but it formats it in the same way as Windows and Linux do and in the same file formats.

Yeah i downloaded some stuff my uncle recommended and i finally got xp to install on it so I'm happy for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom