Handheld SQL anywhere network server

Chezaree

Beta member
Hello,
I am new to this forum and am seeking some information. I work out in the field using a company provided laptop and am constantly being told that I am being "tracked by GPS." Apparently my work knows where I am at every point during the day. I find this hard to believe since I am not constantly connected to wifi or the internet. We use a charting system called MobileWyse and in order for our supervisors to view our work we must sign into a wireless card, and then "sync" or upload our work to a server. Recently I've felt a bit uneasy and somewhat paranoid about being tracked. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what this Handheld SQL anywhere network server is actually capable of doing and how can something track you if you are not connected to wifi or the internet. I'd appreciate any feedback.

GPS doesn't need cell or wifi to actually keep track of your position. It can still log as long as the device has a GPS and it is turned on. I'm assuming it logs to a file locally, and then when you sync, it uploads the logged coordinates from the GPS (among whatever else it logs/syncs).

Back
Top Bottom