half life 2 episode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
baronvongogo said:
Its worth the money, or you could wait till all 3 episodes are out and just buy that pack all in one.
However at the rate they are going. Episode 2 was supose to be out now-ish. However it got push back to mid 2007.

Half Life 2: Episode One is just an extension to the story line. It also gives you Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and Half-Life Deathmatch: SourceTM if you don't already own the original Half Life 2.

Hl2 episode 1 is very short and it is very very boring

Get Prey or FEAR, they are better than HL2

If you already have FEAR, then get the expansion pack of FEAR

maroon1 said:

Get Prey or FEAR, they are better than HL2

If you already have FEAR, then get the expansion pack of FEAR

your opinion. i doubt most people thought Prey was better then HL2.

will h4x 4 food said:
your opinion. i doubt most people thought Prey was better then HL2.

First of all, a lot of people like HL2 because they are fanboys. Both FEAR and Prey has better storyline than Hl2, and both are much more realistic.

Second of all, I was talking about HL2 episode1, not the original HL2. HL2 episode1 is very short game, it has only 5 chapters, it is the shortest first person shooter game I ever played. And it is very similar to HL2. I prefer to play new games like Prey or FEAR over playing a short game like HL2 episode1.

maroon1 said:

If you're looking for gameplay, it's boring. Gameplay is only different from HL2 because of a new enemy, and you utilize the gravity gun more often. HL2E1 was amazing, storyline-wise, and that was the whole point of making HL2E1, to continue the story. If you're looking for gameplay out of the Half Life series, here on out is probably going to be all the same, just adding to the storyline, which i think is phenomenal.

About Prey or FEAR being more realistic, HL is a sci-fi game, so of course it's not going to be realistic. In terms of the story, the Combine are similar to how "the old days" worked. Invade land, kill everyone who oppose, claim land as own, repeat. The only difference is that the Combine do this on a much larger scale, taking over planets versus countries.

maroon1 said:
First of all, a lot of people like HL2 because they are fanboys. Both FEAR and Prey has better storyline than Hl2, and both are much more realistic.

Second of all, I was talking about HL2 episode1, not the original HL2. HL2 episode1 is very short game, it has only 5 chapters, it is the shortest first person shooter game I ever played. And it is very similar to HL2. I prefer to play new games like Prey or FEAR over playing a short game like HL2 episode1.

LOL! Did u just say PREY was more realistic than HL2??? man, u got me there....

i loved the idea of how you could pretty much never die in the game...all u had to do was shoot some flying demon thing staring right at u and u are back to life. I never "died" once in the whole game. Prey wasn't a bad game, just not Half-Life, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom