HALF-LIFE 2 : Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I'm with you Boxy, Steam is awful. I'm never installing a Steam game again until broadband comes into my area.

*sighs* steam rocks i am on dialup because i cant get any fast connection where i live, but i still play...

one night is worth the damn update..

im cal-im on cs and im playing on dialup...

in theory, Steam is an excellent idea. The fact that the devs can sell and distribute directly to us saves months trying to figure out shelve space and making hard copies of the game. Games will become lifelong projects that the devs can continually tweak instead of releasing it once and never looking back. The 1st game to really pioneer this was *gasp* america's army. The periodic updates are a pretty revolutionary concept.

if u have dialup, ull hate Steam. if u have DSL/Cable, ull love it

I have my friends download AA, split the install, and give me the CD's so I can try to play it.

dhw200 said:
in theory, Steam is an excellent idea. The fact that the devs can sell and distribute directly to us saves months trying to figure out shelve space and making hard copies of the game. Games will become lifelong projects that the devs can continually tweak instead of releasing it once and never looking back. The 1st game to really pioneer this was *gasp* america's army. The periodic updates are a pretty revolutionary concept.
Oh yeah. It beat the number of times where games came out with some rather massive bug in them, and then the resellers have to take them back.
Eg. SiN with it's bug on the forth level which made the game unplayable.
Anachronox with is many bugs where people fall off the map.

It does mean that if there is a bug or glich in the game, the devs can get it out to the playiers quickly with out having the people at EB Games getting product returns on a fault that is out side of their control.

Its also y vivendi and valve have over 200 court filings between them - mostly vivendi sueing valve

dhw200 said:
Its also y vivendi and valve have over 200 court filings between them - mostly vivendi sueing valve
DJ-CHRIS said:
Well vivendi always knew about steam...
That is the thing that I don't understand. Like Steam was no secret.

The bandwidth may be good and yeah steam is infact a good idea in 'theory' but I think it's inexcusable as to why a huge coorperation like valve would have this POS software for their games out for this damn long and it's still buggy and infuriating as all hell....it's ridiculous........I literally feel sorry for all the 56kers that had to wait for HL2 when they first bought it, there were so many freakin people that couldn't even play the game for the longest damn time because of that....Valve was trying to make it harder to steal when in reality all it did was make it harder for the legit users to play their games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom