Render Quality: High
View Distance: 1
Detail Distance: 1

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

File ID: benchmark.cli

New benchmark with Phenom II x4 940 BE, 3.0GHz, stock settings

Statistics
Average FPS: 24.56
Duration: 36.93 sec
CPU Usage: 58%
System memory usage: 78%
Video memory usage: 81%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 1
Detail Distance: 1

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
AMD Processor model unknown

File ID: benchmark.cli

ok so im bothered by this. It's not using the whole CPU. I know, BIOS isnt reading it right but wtf? How come the CPU isnt being used at like 100%? Only 58%? Shows an increase of 4 fps.

i want 1.7v BIOS to come out!

EDIT:

u know what, im gonna increase the view distance and detailed distance n benchmark again.

good news is that the AMD Fusion for Gaming ultility is now available (not beta anymore) so it will temporarly shut down any unnecessary processes and i think services in order to get ur CPU and GPU leg room to stretch and perform better.

im downloading it right now. I should get better results in GTA4 if all works well.

oh n the newest Forceware allow SLI in GTA4 so it will run a lot better for those who use SLI. As for ones with Crossfire, it's not working and gonna have to wait for either a hotfix or 8.13 CCC.

wow this is probably my longest created thread ever...

anyways I'm still at a standstill when making the GTA4 decision, do I:

1. Just play it on my PS3 which I already have ( it was my brothers but he's done with it ) and not have to worry about any of the PC problems

2. Buy it for the PC and hope I don't experience all the problems people have been experiencing.

My system can probably run the PC version "slightly" better then the game runs on the console but I don't know...I guess its also a matter of mouse/keyboard vs controller as well, and the controller has a definite advantage when it comes to driving but not shooting. Hmmm...oh and the 2 PC programs required to run in the background doesn't help the PCs case either :p I like the bigger PC multiplayer but some reviews have stated its hard finding a game that even gets to that size, and theres obviously less PC players playing online compared to console players. Ah decisions decisions...

wow this is probably my longest created thread ever...

anyways I'm still at a standstill when making the GTA4 decision, do I:

1. Just play it on my PS3 which I already have ( it was my brothers but he's done with it ) and not have to worry about any of the PC problems

2. Buy it for the PC and hope I don't experience all the problems people have been experiencing.

My system can probably run the PC version "slightly" better then the game runs on the console but I don't know...I guess its also a matter of mouse/keyboard vs controller as well, and the controller has a definite advantage when it comes to driving but not shooting. Hmmm...oh and the 2 PC programs required to run in the background doesn't help the PCs case either :p I like the bigger PC multiplayer but some reviews have stated its hard finding a game that even gets to that size, and theres obviously less PC players playing online compared to console players. Ah decisions decisions...

last week i was playing alot of 20+ player games. i get 30 fps average with everything tweaked very high on a single 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom