Greeetings from USA :)

Broke, tired, back hurts, out of coffee, too much to do. Typical Thursday.
Oh my PP. It sounds like your having a rough day. Hope your day improves. My only quirk is i'm over worked to the point of exhuastion. I have to work every single day this week, including Saturday before finnally having a break on Sunday. I swear o my day off I will be sleeping all day and be lazy lol

5:03PM here. The workday is winding down. Work has been rather busy, and will get busier as the holidays approach.

I'm doing well enough. Aches and pains but nothing too serious.; the weather is changing and I can feel it coming. I've got almost a whole brisket in the fridge that I smoked overnight Tuesday and most of Wednesday which came out amazing.

Attachments

• 20231108_191927[1].jpg
    20231108_191927[1].jpg
    237 KB · Views: 1
Oh my PP. It sounds like your having a rough day. Hope your day improves. My only quirk is i'm over worked to the point of exhuastion. I have to work every single day this week, including Saturday before finnally having a break on Sunday. I swear o my day off I will be sleeping all day and be lazy lol
This my usual day every day without the back issue. I've been doing 16 hour days and getting woken up every hour of the night by a toddler for months.

5:03PM here. The workday is winding down. Work has been rather busy, and will get busier as the holidays approach.

I'm doing well enough. Aches and pains but nothing too serious.; the weather is changing and I can feel it coming. I've got almost a whole brisket in the fridge that I smoked overnight Tuesday and most of Wednesday which came out amazing.
Oh That sounds delicious!!:)

This my usual day every day without the back issue. I've been doing 16 hour days and getting woken up every hour of the night by a toddler for months.
I am sorry to hear that. Toddlers can certainly take allot of energy from parents. Mine wore me out to the point my face practically dropped down into my morning coffee! :coffee::lol:

Oh That sounds delicious!!:)
It was. I ended up slicing it up and taking it to my techs in Memphis when I went out there to do their end of year inventory. I attached a pic.

Attachments

• 398978659_10232959730798106_7156114788430509036_n.jpg
    398978659_10232959730798106_7156114788430509036_n.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 0
We recently won a "door prize" at a Direct Connections dinner where Mrs. C is on the board of directors. Direct Connections is a place where disabled people get access for things like wheel chairs and walkers, and even ramps for access. It was a Holland Grill brand name smoker and I've never smoked anything in the way of food before. So,....today I broke in the grill with some apple wood chips and we are getting the Bird ready for tommorow. With lack of smoking experience I would like some knowledgeable tips on how to smoke this turkey! I've done on line searches but would appreciate any info from an experienced smoker

Last edited:
Hit up Youtube and search for your smoker.. Or just smoked turkey. What you are needing are the seasonings, the process, and the temps. Smoking is different than baking in that you don't cook to time but rather to temp. A turkey is done when the breast is 160-165 and the thigh is 170-175 (or thereabouts). I plan on running mine at 275 until the breast is about 155, and then cranking it up to 350 to help crisp up the skin. I also spatchcock mine.

Check out Malcolm Reed's video. I doubt you have any injection ready to go but he walks you through the general process.

Anderson Smoke Show also does a good video. Well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgw9No4q3OI&t=536s

Back
Top Bottom