GPU Upgrade

I'm not recommending it at all, I'm saying that's your only option. I put in 3 different posts now not much of a difference, as in 100MHz which you won't see. Because of the bios issue you're stuck with a Phenom 1 CPU which is considerately slower than Phenom 2 counterparts so your best bet is to get a cheap GPU to bypass the IGP and just save money for a platform upgrade. I mean the 125W variants of the 9850 are about 40 bucks used, and you can get Skylake Pentiums in the 50 dollar range new which will run literal circles around these old chips. A Kaby Lake G4560 at 76 bucks with 4 threads is a night and day difference even if you cheaped out with 4GB of DDR4 (because DDR4 prices are ****ing mad ridiculous right now). So if money is an issue just get a cheap GPU to get away from that IGP and start saving. I'm hoping the RAM price fixing is resolved some time this year.

Okay well I will start saving I am going to head over to a different thread and ask for a budget build. I might buy a GPU for this PC and sell it so it can fund my new build.

Back
Top Bottom