Help a noob

Bios version 20th September

I will look again and update this post

I think I have sorted the problem now it's just strange that the dates don't match I thought they would have memory now seems to be running at 3200 speed

I will still post an update on that bios

I have been having problems with getting my internal cards too sit right I can't get them to fit properly I think the mb might be slightly misaligned

Yes I'm not that silly lol

The cards are raised as if they aren't in the slots correctly when installing the cards it seems as if they don't allign right with the mb like the mb is off only slightly

I don't understand what the problem is very well, but sometimes you have to push the cards in pretty hard the first time.

Hey AMD_man I have bin hoping to see you around here soon I wanted to thank you for helping me to select these parts and convincing me to go 1600 I'm very pleased with the machine even tho my cards don't fit lol

As for pushing hard I have tried harder than I feel comfy with

It seems beyond that like they just won't go Maby it's a case problem Maby a motherboard, I built it on a table before putting it the case to test the parts and the small GPU fitted on the table

I have two cards fitted both same problem

A small GPU (tried both pcie slots both have same problem)
A tv tuner (pcie x1)

I am going to have another look at it once kids go to bed I will post a photo (if possible on here)

Does that mean you have to bend the L brackets to seat it?

Or is it the problem with the slots?

Yh you would have to bend it but it's off my about an inch so I wasent forcing or bending nothing that far (the cards are working just not seated correctly)

It also looks like the card is slightly bent long ways because the board is too far back I think

Thanks for the pics as I can see what you problem is. The bottom of the brackets are not fitted in the slots (holes).

Bend the bottom to fit em.

By the way, you're lucky the cards are working like that but when the cards are seated properly you will not see the contacts. Right now you can see the contacts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom