GPS*what to get quick reply*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, i have less then a hour til walmart closes. i wanna get a GPS for my girlfriend... and put it in the car and surprise her for her bday.. they have a garmin nuvi 200 which is portable for 168 bucks. i figure it was a good deal... but what do you guys think about this model have ya heard good things or what

thanks for quick reply guys. gonna go grab the garmin befor they close. i was just wonder what u guy thought about it... but ive heard good things about garmin so i think ill just go with that one thanks!

my buddy has a fairly new and expensive garmin... we tell it that we want to go to (insert POI) and 1 out of 10 times it is DEAD wrong.. it will say POI on your right.... we will be looking for a movie theater and it will say the house to my right in the middle of the ghetto is it...

thats the only beef i have with it.

But IMO TOMTOM and Magellan.

I have a TomTom OneXL. I am very happy with it.

my buddy has a fairly new and expensive garmin... we tell it that we want to go to (insert POI) and 1 out of 10 times it is DEAD wrong.. it will say POI on your right.... we will be looking for a movie theater and it will say the house to my right in the middle of the ghetto is it...

POI are only as good as the people that have programmed it. Like according to my third party download, there is a McDonnalds at where my Mechanic is located.

With POI, expect and forgive a some margin for error. However addresses on the other hand I except to be spot on. Or with in 300 meters as that is the avarage error given out on Civillain GPS units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom