Good or Bad Idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
Microsoft should do combos for games like Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3, Orange Box.....etc. that include both the PC and Xbox 360 and sell it for like $70-$75.

I have a pretty nice PC and an Xbox 360. I have roommates. Sometimes I like to play multiplayer with them, but like right now I would love to be playing Fallout 3 on my PC all to myself but I only have it on 360.

I will probably never buy the same game for both platforms because that would be like $110-$120 for the same content.

Combo paks. So Microsoft wins, they get some extra dough for basically the same development......and the gamer wins. And before you say, "Just buy the combo and sell one of them....." I am sure Microsoft of all people could find a way to keep the combo together......probably using Xbox Live.

Why would it cost Microsoft extra? The games are already developed on both platforms?? Plus MS, Valve, Bethesda.....or whoever brings in more revenue. That is how a business works.

If you have more revenue than expenses from an idea it is usually worth it. Develop software where the user must be logged into the same Xbox Live account on PC and 360 for the combo pack game to work......(more than likely affecting the PC version and not the 360)

Why would it cost Microsoft extra? The games are already developed on both platforms?? Plus MS, Valve, Bethesda.....or whoever brings in more revenue. That is how a business works.

If you have more revenue than expenses from an idea it is usually worth it. Develop software where the user must be logged into the same Xbox Live account on PC and 360 for the combo pack game to work......(more than likely affecting the PC version and not the 360)

well when you put it liek that it might work. but i dont see MS trying it unlees you get a job woth em and mention that to them.

Good idea.... i mean... the extra disc only costs them like a few cents and double sided cases dont add much cost wise..

Even if they did offer it I don't think many would buy it. I know I wouldn't pay an extra $20 just so I can play something two ways. I usually choose whichever way I think I would like more and stick with it.

isn't it a better idea to enable the ability for PC users to play online with xbox users ( cross multiplayer compatability or whatever its called )? That way all the PC lovers can enjoy their games but still join in the console multiplayer community which is usually bigger.

PS: Oh and it would allow PC gamers the opportunity to completely dominate the console users in FPS games with a mouse and keyboard controls ;)

Even if they did offer it I don't think many would buy it. I know I wouldn't pay an extra $20 just so I can play something two ways. I usually choose whichever way I think I would like more and stick with it.

$70 is $10 more.....not $20.

I paid $60 for Fallout 3 and if Bethesda emailed me saying I could get the PC version for $10 I would say "**** YEAH!!!".

I had Oblivion for both PC and Xbox 360.....however I didn't buy the 360 version, it was my roommates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom