Gaming Specific Perpherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working with Razer to possibly get one of the boards to review :D.. Maybe it will work out. I would of course not keep it but it would be cool to test and all. I am really loving my cyborg right now. The reason I didn't buy a Razer keyboard was the low profile keys..(Hate laptops for this reason). Deals come a long and for $60 this is one of the best **** keyboards I have ever used EVER! lol

I should talk to him too.. Turtle Beach was supposed to be sending me a headset but the guy hasn't responded.. "E-Mail me, Tuesday I will reply and we will get you a headset or two"... PRs stink sometimes.. I would look into Mad Catz, Turtle Beach, Razer, Astro, Logitech for peripherals as those are all the guys I am currently trying to contact for review stuff. (+ the numerous Game Pubs/Devs)

I've never been way into gaming specific gear. But just over two years ago I picked up a Razer Tarantula and a Razer Diamondback, not because I knew anything about the brand, but because they looked pretty together......and they had shiny blue lights. They're still going strong and I haven't had any problems with them, unless their quality went down the pooper, I'd recommend the brand.

I still recommend there brand, Although the audio products are sub par.. My mouse just recently broke, but I put a ton more use on them then most. Good Brand, there is just better stuff out there for the money in some areas.

I was just on Razers website, good lord they have a ton of stuff coming out!

We have the TRON Legacy gera which all looks pretty sweet. The Mechanical keyboards dubbed Black Widow of course. The starcraft keyboard looks cool.

I just want it all!!

Tron gear is releasing everywhere which is sweet..

360_TronController-noscale.jpg

That is the 360 Controller, You have the Razer stuff as well as Wii and PS3 controllers.

On top of that you have the Xbox controller coming out in November 9th that has the modified D-pad.

Anything you guys are looking forward too?

IMO none of the headsets mentioned above i would consider audiophile quality but then again there arent many (if any at all) surround sound sets that offer that quality anyways. IMO if you want surround like that and want "quality" you need a real setup, not a headset. It also has to be backed by a quality sound card as well.

I played with the RAT7 at Quakecon cause a friend of mine bought it. I felt like i was playing with a Transformers and the "instruction manual" to put it together i thought to be a bit ridiculous. It didnt feel flimsy but it certainly does look like a toy, not a mouse.

Although i like alot of Razer stuff, i find alot of their products to be gimmicky rebranded stuff as well. For instance all the console stuff coming out has maybe one thing done with it and that required such a high mark up. I wouldnt have this Lycosa if it wasnt a review sample either. The only thing i have bought that is from Razer is this Destructor mouse pad because it is actually top notch.

Eh i still think peripherals are a very personal preference anyways.

I receive the Cult of Razer emails so I hear about a lot of their new stuff. Like the new Ironclad mousing surface:

razer-ironclad-gallery1.jpg

12.8" x 10.8" of ultra-smooth sandblasted aluminum. Nice, but I will stick with my eXactmat.

I have a free BC2 mouspad I got at pax.. Generic little thing. I need a mat with a good wrist rest and as these rests are good razer only has one with wrist support. They used to sell it separate but not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom