Gaming Specific Perpherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Well I can honestly say I won't be promoting Razer that much anymore. After going to PAX and trying out many a different keyboards, headsets, and mice I can say I have found my favorites.

I purchased a Cyborg keyboard for $60 MSRP is $100 for that I couldn't pass up.

I really LOVE Cyborg gear, including the mouse.. R.A.T. 7. Amazing and better then my death adder as but coming in a bit steep at $100. (Is currently not out be we had the chance to buy it.).

Turtle Beach Headset.. I LOVE THEM. Made my Razer Megalodons sound like average run of the mill headphones.

Turtlebeach also has a headset that works with all Systems (PC, PS3 and XBOX360) and with an adapter makes the 7.1/5.1 sound BEAUTIFUL.

Triton, also makes TRUE 7.1 surround headsets that are out of this world as well. Man I feel kind of sad for spending $90 on my Megalodons when for $130 I could have something I thought sounded better.

Either way, next choice of peripherals are clear to me.

BTW... I didn't know this but Saitek and Triton are both owned by Mad Cats... interesting huh.

SO check there stuff out for sure. Razer products are good, don't get me wrong but now... I feel like they are over priced compared to the competition.

Well, if you decide to toss the Megalodons, throw them in my direction. ;)

I will hit you up if I get rid of them. Probably won't for a while though because I still really like them.

BUT...

I am looking at the PX21 with the DDS amp that turns any stereo headset into 7.1, and it sounds AMAZING.

They also work with PS3 and Xbox360 as well as PC.

Lol I sound like I am advertising for them. I am not promise.

trtitton is nice. there are alot of nice gaming peripherals out. but i still do think a lachesis v2 or another newer razer mouse would be nicer then the rat 7. it looks gimmickey. and from what i have herd it is really flimsy. it isnt fair to compare your old razer diamond back to the rat 7. also as far as headphones go your megalodons arent the highest end razer headphones either. and at the price point you didnt even look at what razer offered for 130$

edit: ignore my megalodon comment. one point id like to make is do you have a sound card? because the pc you probably tried those headphones on at pax probably did wich would have made a significant diference in sound. trytton are nice headphones. i hear the turrtle beaches arent that great for the money there are alot better headphones and headsets you could get. i still stand by my statement of the mouse. in 5 years who knows how that rat 7 would be holding up vs a razer mouse in 5 years.

I don't have an old Razer Diamondback.. I have a 6 month old Razer Death Adder 3500. The megalodons are the highest end razer headset... and the Turtle Beach headset was not plugged into a sound card because they are USB, just like my Megelodons. Trust me, the RAT 7 is not flimsy at all.. Its comfortable and glides really smooth on various surfaces.. I never once said razer is bad btw. Razer just doesn't make the best audio.. With Astro, Triton and Turtle Beach.. I still love my death adder mouse but the metal construction of the RAT 5 and 7 I really like.

Midway through this I just googled all the information on the R.A.T. 7 mouse that isn't out yet. after many sites I did not see that it was flimsy. After playing with it for an hour and half I didn't feel like it was flimsy.

EDIT: Just read that Maximum PC says its the best mouse ever made..

I want to say that it was the v9 mouse I believe, not the 7. (the 7 is what I used though and loved) and as far as my mouse lasting 5 years i loled. There is no way mine will last that long. My next mouse will be a RAT and my next audio headset will not be razer unless I get another coupon.

I just seen some of Razers new stuff which they did not have at PAX. The Tron stuff is pretty awesome. What I really like is the new Black Widow mechanical keyboards.. I would really like to test some of this out... You know if they are in best buy or other store yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom