Gaming on mac questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

quixotic115

In Runtime
I'm getting a macbook in a few months and I just wanted to know about gaming.
If boot camp allows you to use Windows XP or Vista, then does that mean you can start playing any videogame on Mac?
I'm planning on getting the base price Macbook but I want to play games on it (like FPS). I know the videocard is going to be integrated so I was wondering if it's possible to put in a dedicated one? Or is that only for desktop pcs?

if i were you i would save the extra and buy the macbook pro it has dedicated radeonx1600 graphics and that will make all the difference in the world. because otherwise you gaming will be limited to older titles or flash games. And yes if you install windows via bootcamp you can still play your games.

Well the problem is I don't get a choice in my laptop = (. My school is giving me a free macbook so it's not like I'm buying it.

do they give it to you or issue it to you? there is a huge difference issuing means they let you use it but you have to give it back after a certain period. whereas giving it its yours and you can do what you want.

Well they give it to us for free. However, we can't sell it or anything like that until we buy it in our junior year for a dollar. After that, we can do what we want with it.

they sell it to you for a dollar? thats weird. well if you want a mac really bad what i would do is save up, and when you get the macbook for keeps sell it, take what you got off of that and what you have been saving and indulge in a macbook pro. by then hopefully they would have made some nice upgrades to it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom