game stop horror stories

The worst experience I ever had at GameStop was when they sold me a damaged disk and I had to go to a different store to replace it because it was out of stock at the first store.

The worst experience I ever had at GameStop was when they sold me a damaged disk and I had to go to a different store to replace it because it was out of stock at the first store.

Yeah that happened to me so much when I was dumb and bought their used games. They have a repair tool that makes it look new but the discs are damaged. Kinda like those junky used car dealers who get a nasty looking Civic and pressure wash it so the engine looks awesome and it breaks down in 2 months.

Of course, if you're a student its free. If you're a parent its free too. For Amazon Moms(dad, uncles, etc can sign up) how it works is you get like 1-3 months free and then you get special promotions of stuff you'd buy anyway for the baby/kid and it gives you additional Amazon Prime membership time.

Only free for students for 6 months to a year. After that, it's $40 / year (half price). I may sign up just before I graduate so I can get a year of Prime for the discounted price.

Only free for students for 6 months to a year. After that, it's $40 / year (half price). I may sign up just before I graduate so I can get a year of Prime for the discounted price.

Oh okay, they must have changed it. My friend had it a couple years ago and it was free for him when he was enrolled.

Still 6 mos free and $40 is a steal.

I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG THREAD. GOSH AJACKS:

I have 1 horror story with Gamestop that sticks out pretty bad. Back when GTA San Andreas was about to come out me and a friend needed a new PS2. Wanted to just snag a cheaper refurb one for the $99 or whatever. Called the 3 Gamestops in the town and the 3rd one said they had 1 used one in stock and did the over the phone hold on it. My brother and I were there about 10 minutes after the call.

We're in line with 2 people ahead of me. The woman at the front is with her 7-9 year old who is running around continously picking up crap and trying to get her to buy it as they're checking out. Then the clerk does the preorder speech and she starts umming and oohing over various preorder games she thinks her kid might like. Asking for her kids opinions blahlbah. Takes like 10 mins. She is finally writing her check as a dude comes in with a PS2 in a plastic grocery bag. Doesn't get behind us. Just goes to the side desk and a guy comes out of the back and starts helping him. So there was a guy there dicking around instead of checking out the other customers. Then ignores us and goes to this guy with the PS2.

Lady leaves and dude in front of me is checking out. Real quick and he's gone. I get up to the counter and telling the clerk my name for the PS2 and the other guy comes out of the back with a PS2 in hand and taking it to the dude that came in. My clerk asks him if thats the phone hold PS2. The other clerk who is the manager confirms and tells me that people who have bought a used PS2 have priority since they're existing customers.

I got pretty mad but didn't like yell or anything. But I told him I put a hold on it and I was here a good 10 mins before this guy came in and if he would have helped the next customers in line then it would be my PS2.

Manager was a total dick and told me that he remembered the guy from earlier and blah blah. I got his name and store number and called corporate. After a long day of calls and callbacks they got a Gamestop from another city/state to express ship one to this store so I could buy it and gave me $30 off.

-----------

My other Gamestop gripe is going in to get a NEW game and they give me an OPEN game. I tell them I don't want a used game and they say sometimes they have to open them to check that the game is inside. BULLCRAP. I know they're allowed to test games out for free and then sell used games for new game prices to unsuspecting people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omoplata
I have said it before and I will say it again, Gamestop SUCKS! They are a s#it company. They get worse and worse as seconds pass. Support your local independent game shops instead. Much better buying experiences.

Yeah that happened to me so much when I was dumb and bought their used games. They have a repair tool that makes it look new but the discs are damaged. Kinda like those junky used car dealers who get a nasty looking Civic and pressure wash it so the engine looks awesome and it breaks down in 2 months.

I buy tons of used games from GS and from Amazon and I have never had a problem with either

Back
Top Bottom