FULL of spyware, virus, malware. Help me!

yasmanybz

Beta member
I have ran malwarebytes and even combofix and the computer continues to run full of all kinds of malware. My sister downloaded when I wasnt home for the past few weeks tons and tons of games so I assuming this is her fault.

Windows 7 Ultimate
AMD Semprom Processor LE-1300 2.30GHz
2GB RAM
32 Bit

Please assist me, this computer isnt going to last much longer.

I tried it with safe mode and it got rid of some of the problems. I am still getting crash errors on chrome and lots of pop up windows, and pop ups on websites. Lots of hyperlinks on normal words in web pages and the computer is still running a bit slow.

May be worth considering reinstalling the Windows 7 Operating System. When you have infections, especially at this level, there's really no way to tell if you've completely cleaned the machine. It's a pain, but at least you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your computer is completely cleaned. Obviously you'll need to back up documents, pictures, music, etc.

You may also want to run the audit tool, Belarc Advisor, to get any product keys you may need during the reinstall process: Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

May be worth considering reinstalling the Windows 7 Operating System. When you have infections, especially at this level, there's really no way to tell if you've completely cleaned the machine. It's a pain, but at least you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your computer is completely cleaned. Obviously you'll need to back up documents, pictures, music, etc.

I recommend he backup his files in safe mode onto a usb drive, since his windows installation drive is unstable.

1.Can you back up files, while in SAFE MODE, onto an external hard drive? - Yahoo Answers

Also I recommend he do a full clean install to make sure everything is knocked out with no traces of infection from windows.old folders.

2.Full Format Hard Drive with Windows 7 Boot Disc - Windows 7 Help Forums

Also, if you want to stop your sister from using your pc again, there are several options to setup a BIOS password that activates when you press the power button. unless she figures out that password, she cant even get into the windows OS itself. Therefore preventing any damage.

I don't use this pw at the moment due to mine making an excessively loud BEEP when it asks for the pw. Some system BIOS's can have this beep turned off however,

I agree with most in that at this point, it's time to take some real measures. Have you tried system restore? Try restoring your machine to a date and time before you got the infection. This will be the best way for a massive fix that will leave most of your precious data intact. Other than that, looks like your best bet is going to be wiping down your hard drive and starting over.

Back
Top Bottom