free dvd software

Status
Not open for further replies.

laybac

Solid State Member
does anyone know if there is good and free dvd playback software that will work on win xp?

Windows Media Player 9.0 is included with windows XP. have you tried to use it to play your DVD's? open it and select the DVD drive as the source and press play

roho, thanks for the info, i'll try it. ek, windows media player 9.0 that comes with win xp does have the dvd player but i need a decoder to run it and it costs money to get the decoder. but thanks for replying.

no decoder is free. donwload a trial of winDVD or powerDVD and install it. you get the codecs for free, windows media player will be able to use the codecs so just play your movies with the media player. or you can look around on google. i'm sure you can download whatever codec you need for free. it doesn't make sense to pay for a codec to me. only an encoder should cost money, not codecs/ decoders

ok ek, i will try powerdvd. what happend when the trial perioed expires, will i still have the codecs to play dvd's or will i be out of luck and have to download another program? Oh yeah, can u also post the link to powerdvd.

ok i see that powerdvd has a trial period of 30 days and playback time of only 30 min. thats no good, since a movie runs about 90 min, or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom