FPS Multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post MarD, very informative.

Going by that I kind of narrowed it down to einther UT2K4 or BF2. I have heard UT2K4 is really CPU taxing though. I'm putting a 3700+ San Diego in the pc I'm gonna build so it might not handle that game all that great. I'm thinking maby BF2 then but I've heard some horror stories about that game too. :/

meh, I want to get HL2 anyway and CSS comes with it so I'll go with that.

Heyyo,

Np man, glad I could help. :)

I warn you though, lots of folks on UT2k4 are godlike when you play online, don't get discouraged if they beat you down a lot. I for one am good, but not godlike. Same goes for CSS. There's a huge gap between the uber gamers n' the n00bs, and pretty much anywhere in between.

UT2k4's not that cpu intensive man, unless you're trying to run a lot of bots, like over 20. I'm running and AMD AthlonXP 3000+ man, so with that cpu your getting you should have np's since that's an Athalon64 if I'm not mistaken, so you should easily be getting 10-15F/S more than me which will really help you get that bot count up, or better graphics when playing online. :)

[EDIT]
Oh, btw, UT2k4's got the BEST netcode I've ever seen onna fps. I've been pwned by a godlike bugger on dial up who had a ping of 250.. rediculous eh? lol. The best part is he was barely warping on my screen, maybe 1/2 an inch once a minute. I'm seriously amazed. Ut2k7 will be an incredible game, cause Epic has fps's down to a science, and have created one of the great monsters of gaming as we know it. :D

The finest in straight up, no bs DM/TDM:-

CoD: United Offensive
HL2 DM
Doom 3

And for those still hardcore & fanatical enough: Quake 3 Arena

:)

If you like the super fast intense games, i would go with UT 2k4 and
HL 2 Deathmatch, if ur more into having more strategy involved i would go wit CS:S and BF:2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom