Folding@Home User Crams 23 GeForce GTX 295 Videocards into a Single Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
Before someone asks, the answer is 'yes,' we don't doubt the Atlas Folder can handle Crysis. But despite outfitting his server with 23 -- TWENTY EFFING THREE! -- gual-GPU GeForce GTX 295 videocards, Jason Farqué, who goes by the username Atlas Folding, has a more important goal in mind:

"The reason that my father in enrolled in [a clinical trial] is the same as the reason I run my folding farm. To fight back, to do something," Farqué wrote on his blog. "To help science overcoming Huntington's Disease so that people as yet unborn wont' have as hard a time as he and others do. Because my father wants the human race to succeed, to get better, to overcome our bodies' inherent frailties by using our minds."

Farqué's father suffers from Huntington's Disease, and if Stanford's Folding@Home distributed computing project leads to a cure, then it will be hard to imagine a better use for such a gluttony of high powered videocards. Among the setup are 9 MSI-brand 295s, 14 EVGA-brand 295s, and and a single GTX 260 and 9800GT thrown in for good measure.

And if you think that's impressive, Farqué has been mulling a similar setup with Nvidia's 300 series once it launches.

Folding@Home User Crams 23 GeForce GTX 295 Videocards into a Single Server | Maximum PC

Not really a single server.... More like a bank of servers, kind of misleading title....
from the movie bambi "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".....but anywho, that's really awesome and for a good cause to be sure. I'm green with jealousy.

amazing.....i can only run one of them but if i had unlimited electricity i think i would run a 10 GTX 295 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom